Mazor Robot-Assisted Spine Surgery
What is Mazor Robot-Assisted Spine Surgery?
Mazor Robot-Assisted Spine Surgery is an advanced robotic system that enables your surgeon to perform high precision, minimally invasive spine surgery.
Benefits of Mazor Robot-Assisted Spine Surgery
The benefits of Mazor Robot-Assisted Spine Surgery include:
- Detailed 3D images of the surgical site for pre-surgical planning
- High surgical precision with the use of robotic guidance
- Real-time visualization of the surgical site
- Customized approach to surgery to match your unique anatomy
- Reduced risk of radiation exposure
- Minimal damage to surrounding healthy tissues
- Faster return to routine activities
Indications for Mazor Robot-Assisted Spine Surgery
You may be a candidate for the procedure if you have been diagnosed with spinal problems such as:
- Disc herniation
- Spinal Stenosis
- Back pain radiating to the leg
- Leg length discrepancy
- Abnormal gait patterns
- Breathing difficulty due to pressure from the ribcage.
How Mazor Robot-Assisted Surgery Works
Specialized 3D planning software is used prior to the surgery to create a surgical blueprint based on the patient’s CT scan. This plan is fed into the robotic guidance system. The robotic arm holds the surgical instruments in place allowing the surgeon to make precise surgical cuts and accurately place the implant without injury to surrounding healthy tissue. The sophisticated visualization system allows the surgeon to perform corrections during the surgery based on the nuances of the individual’s anatomy.
Risks of Mazor Robot-Assisted Surgery
Mazor Robot-Assisted Surgery is a very safe procedure; however, as with any surgery there are minimal risks of complications that include bleeding, infection, delayed healing, or failure to heal.